Tuesday, July 7, 2009

23Things Week 10 - Firefox!

Tabbed browsing really transformed my life. This was before Internet Explorer offered tabs. Someone clued me into Firefox, and I never looked back. (Unless I happened to be on an IE only computer.) Before tabbed browsing, I rarely clicked on a link or watched a video online. I preferred the continuity of the main story and the clutterless bottom bar of the desktop to following the webbed trail of internet links. But once I could store those open links in neat little tabs in the browser, my life would never be the same. I felt like I was getting the whole story.

When I got a Delicious account this year, I installed the Firefox Delicious add-on onto my home computer's browser, and have been happily using it since. It makes adding bookmarks to Delicious a little bit simpler, and accessing my most-recently-bookmarked URLs easier.

Looking at the text sizing options, I find that Firefox lets you magnify the screen to a much larger, uh, magnitude(?) than Internet Explorer does. Something I never knew, and something that will be much appreciated by some of our older patrons!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am seriously grooving on the larger text sizes provided by Firefox. Thanks for reporting back, and I'm glad the browser has, indeed, changed your life. :)

    ReplyDelete