Tuesday, June 9, 2009

week 5, belatedly

I was on vacation and then feverishly preparing for outreach, so I didn't get around to things 7 & 8 until just today.  And I wanted to try to download stuff on my mac instead of my work computer, just to see what the limitations would be, if any.  So here I am at work with my laptop, using our free wireless, signing kids up for summer reading, making sure they don't take too much pizza, and downloading an audiobook from the website.

I wanted to download a video, because I can't stand listening to voice actors slowly work their way through audiobooks, but that isn't possible for a mac yet.  So I downloaded the overdrive software and found one of the very few mp3 audiobooks that wasn't checked out.  It was a book about conspiracy theories by Richard Belzer from the tv show Homicide!

All in all, it was limited for Apple users, but pretty easy.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear because though our patron computers at the libraries are PCs, many people (including me!) bring their laptops (often Macs) in to the library to use and I haven't had time yet to try some of this at home on my Macbook, but this is encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Richard Belzer actually READ the audiobook? I may have to check that out!!!

    Hope there was enough pizza for everybody...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh Anne, Belzer DOES read the audiobook! I was excited, too.

    ReplyDelete